Sunday, July 13, 2014

Weekly Journal 1

My Plan for the week:

My plan for the week is to enjoy some time off. I moved thirteen days ago and its been a ton of work to get unpacked and in my new home. Everything is so up in the air and starting a new term with fresh classes is just the thing I need to get started. I have two classes this term and can't wait to put some of my fantastic technology skills to use!


What I did/Where I went:

This week, I visited many different places in Las Vegas. Although this is my home, it is always interesting to see how things change. Although I am a science fanatic, I love art! All around me art shows up. I visited many different hotels on the strip this week and learned the background of how they were built and the ideas behind some of the structures. In addition, I have made a conscious effort to listen to music other than country. As many of my friends and family can attest, I am a country fanatic. I have listened to country since a young kid and love everything about it. On a recent trip I was asked if we could listen to channel 15 and channel 16 on Sirius radio. I obliged and immediately realized I loved that music as well. So.. since then, I have made every effort to listen to all types of music. 


What I learned:

Although this is a bit personal, I have learned much about myself in the past few weeks. I just ended an 8 year relationship with someone  I thought was everything. I have learned this is not the case and I am just as important as they. Although I am quite good at technology, I have always depended upon this person to help me out when needed. I have asked for help when I didn't necessarily need it. Since moving into my own place, I have been tasked with hooking up new wireless internet, setting up surround sound systems, self-installed cable tv and internet, and hung televisions on the wall (still working on the wireless printer - can't seem to get it right!) What I have learned the most is that I am a strong individual and what is said to me can only go as deep as I allow. I do hope to learn more about myself in this process but I am also very excited to finish my Masters degree with these two classes.. Graduation at the end of August. 


What I decided for my website: 

I have decided that I will use my website to provide lessons my students will be using on a daily basis. In the past, I have always offered the opportunities for absent students to see me after school for make-up assignments but if I use my website to provide the lessons they missed on a daily basis, they will be able to print and complete the assignment on their own. Because the school district does not require teachers to post lesson plans online, it is necessary to provide to parents, other teachers, and students the basics of what they will learn. I will also be sure to keep my website interactive with photos and ideas for future use. I do love factual information for my science students and I will attempt to add something factual on a regular basis. 

1 comment:

  1. I loved hearing about your travels and am sorry about your relationship. Be sure to add to the what I learned section information about what you are reading the for class. Also, please turn off the Captcha in the settings for your blog. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete